Monday, April 20, 2009

Family Heritage

Dear everybody,

I LOVE the new technology that missionaries have at their disposal in this day and age. One in particular that I enjoy is talking through the computer (FREE of CHARGE) to my family scattered around the world.

Some of you might not know this, but I (Liz) grew up as a missionary kid in France. My parents, Mike and Elva Farrell, just celebrated their 27th anniversary of being on the field. They shared their memories of arriving in France with three kids (3 and under), 9 pieces of luggage and countless carry-ons!



27 years ago in France
Emily, Elizabeth and Esther Farrell


Mike and Elva Farrell, missionaries with Baptist Mid-Missions in Reims, FRANCE.

Not only do my parents still serve in France, but my younger sister, Esther, is heading that way with her husband and family. They are currently living in Indiana raising support to go to France as full time missionaries.


Marc and Esther
Owen, Emma, Sophia and Keegan

My older sister, Emily, lives with my parents in France and is involved with their ministry. Even with her handicap (Downs Syndrome) she is a blessing to the church.


We have been able to visit my parents periodically and hope to go again in the future. We are also excited about someday showing them a bit of Chile, our new home.

I am thankful for the heritage I have as an MK with parents still serving the Lord faithfully today. Our prayer as a family is that God would grant us the privilege of serving Him in Chile at least as long.

Liz

2 comments:

tscarter7 said...

Thanks for sharing that! I really enjoyed the pictures of your parents and sisters!We are praying for you!

Angela Miller said...

I love keeping up with your family through your blog! It is great to see pictures of your family. God has given you a wonderful spiritual heritage. Tell the family hi from the Millers!