Thursday, May 14, 2009

Part 3 of our vacation trip to Chiloe

Dear everybody,

Our family really enjoyed our time in the islands. For Dan it brought back many memories and to see his kids walk the same streets he walked as a child was neat. Micah, Matthias and Morgan LOVED the ferry rides and spotting porpoises and seals in the cold waters of the pacific.


The wind on the ferry was cold but the kids were nice and warm in their wool sweaters and knit hats purchased in Dalcahue.

Above: The kids are sitting on the dock on one of our daily walks. We were glad to have brought their rubber boots along for the trip so that they could tromp along on the muddy beaches.


Here the kids are standing on a version of an old anchor system used in the past in the islands.

Micah wore his "chilote" sweater like a second skin. It kept him toasty warm, even if he did smell like a sheep!
Thanks for following the blog.
I'm hoping that the articles give you a glimpse of our life here in Chile.
We would love to hear back from you.
Don't hesitate to comment!

Liz

3 comments:

Karis said...

Hi Liz, I don't know if you remember us from Northland, but I (Karis) am a lurker on your blog from time to time. :-) It's been interesting to read about where and what God has called your family too. I've gotten really slack about commenting on blogs since we moved here, but I figured I would comment today since I know I love comments on my blog. :-)

And I have to say that I am jealous of you having to put warm clothes on to stay warm. :-) Seriously, though, wow -- what a beautiful place there!

me said...

Great pictures! Great adventure, and the wooly sweaters & hats look so delightful! What an amazing adventure you are having - thanks for sharing it!

Alisha said...

As you can tell by all the comments I'm just catching up on the blog - it's so great! Fun to follow whats going on with you guys!